Nester Thompson &
Over 70 Years of Legal Experience
Thomas C. Kelly
Thomas C. Kelly joined the Firm in 2004. In so doing, Mr. Kelly brought his then 30 years of experience in cable television, small business, and residential lending and sales experience to the Firm. He is a past Chair of the Public Utility Law Section of the New Jersey Bar Association.
During his practice, Mr. Kelly has been associated with and/or a partner/principal of Holzapfel, Perkins and Kelly, the international law firm Lebeouf, Lamb, Greene and MacRae, and Meyner and Landis before choosing the solo practice of law in 1994.
Mr. Kelly has represented numerous cable television companies, including many of the companies that have served the New Jersey market and a cable television association. He represents Service Electric Cable TV of Hunterdon, Inc. In addition to his cable television practice, Tom Kelly also provides residential and commercial real estate services and works with numerous real estate agents and title companies. Tom Kelly also represents water companies and assists with other regulatory work needed by clients before the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and other regulatory bodies.
Mr. Kelly is rated “AV” for his legal skills and high ethical standards by Martindale Hubbell.
In addition to his legal practice, Tom Kelly also serves as an adjunct instructor at Fairleigh Dickinson University in the subject areas of “Real Estate and Mortgages” and “Estates Wills and Trusts”.
Areas of Practice
- Public Utility Law
- Regulatory Law
- Cable Television
- Estate Planning
- New Jersey, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1973
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1965
- Jones Intercable, Incorporated
- TKR Cable Company
Honors and Awards
- Rated “AV” by his peers as per Martindale Hubbell. This award is conferred by Martindale-Hubbell. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.martindale.com/ratings-and-reviews/. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Past Employment Positions
- Holzapfel, Perkins and Kelly, Partner/Principal
- Lebeouf, Lamb, Greene and MacRae
- Meyner and Landis